Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I Lost 100 Pounds!

It's time for me to share my story...

I used to weigh 255 lbs. (Yikes!)
I got pregnant, and realized I was a serious health risk at that size, so I started eating healthy foods. Interestingly enough, pregnant women use an additional 300 calories (est) per day towards development of the fetus.
Well, since I was eating healthy foods, my body turned to my fat stores for energy towards the baby.
So, I did not gain weight during my pregnancy...I actually went down to 242lbs and stayed there.
The day after I gave birth, I was 225lbs - 30 lbs lighter!
I did the math...I lost an average of 375 calories a day (3,500 cal = 1 lb of fat).

After giving birth, I breast fed only for 7 months. Breast feeding burns an additional 500-700 calories per day. Amazing huh? I lost another 25 lbs (without exercise).

When I reached 199lbs (Thanksgiving, 2005), I decided it was time to exercise.
I reached 170 lbs and started Weight Watchers. (March 2006)
I reached 155 lbs and purchased an elliptical machine. (August 2006)

Since then, I gained 20 lbs within 2 months (September 06-November 06) while on the birth control pill, despite using my elliptical machine 4 times a week. I was also depressed and was binge eating from time to time.

Fast forward -March, 2007, 175 lbs.
I joined a gym, and included the treadmill, stair master and weights to my regimen. I also started a food journal and made some radical changes to my diet.

Now: Today, October 2, 2007, 155lbs again! (Whew) The 155lbs I weigh now has a LOT more muscle mass than the 155lbs I weighed last year, so I'm actually smaller and firmer.

Goal: 140-145 lbs - I like my curves.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Blog Archive