Tuesday, October 2, 2007

That's All She Wrote Folks!

I'm not afraid of people anymore...well, not really. I'm more so afraid FOR them. I'm afraid for them to step on my toes, I'm quick with the sword (my tongue) and tend to cut people off at the knees. *It's never unmerrited. I remember someone telling me I use my tongue as a whip. Haha....I think that's hilarious because I never use rude or hurtful language. I just express truths in a very eloquent and intelligent way. Who ever knew being honest and articulate could hurt so bad? I don't allow people to bring me down to an immature level - a level that allows me to scream and curse and call people names. Uhn-uh...no way. I'll turn my back on an argument if I see it's unproductive. I walk away from people who hurt me. *Unfortunately for some, I don't always say goodbye.

I don't worry too much what people may think of me at this point...that mode of thinking becomes wearisome over time. I do however care about the opinions of my friends and loved-ones; however, I'm pretty self-aware and stubborn, so if I feel someone is mistaken in their observations, I will kindly (most times) disagree with them.

In any case, as my friend T. Perry says, thank God for love, forgiveness, growth and CHANGE. But really, forgiveness is an incredible thing.

Above being strong enough to stand up for yourself or walk away from people, it takes even more courage to forgive.

No comments:

Blog Archive