Friday, October 5, 2007

The Measure

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:2

I love this scripture, not only because it reminds me to keep my own judgemental nature in check, but also because it brings up an element that is quickly forgotten. That element is KARMA.

Yes I know, the scripture does not refer to the "word" KARMA; however, it refers to it's concept. "...and with the measure you use it, it will be measured to you." There are other scriptures which reference this concept: things you do coming back to you, hitting you with the same force you used to throw it out into the universe.

I also like to apply this in other areas of my life, specifically within my relationships with people. I don't neccessarily agree with the idea of "tit for tat", or "eye for eye, tooth for tooth"; however, I am in complete agreeance with "TREATING OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED." But I have my own twist...

Instead of acting towards people the way I hope they will act towards me (which has hardly ever WORKED), I treat them the way they treat me. In essence, the way they treat me is the way they are asking to be treated (if you apply the concept of Karma, and of course, reaping what you sow). This doesn't necessarily mean that if you curse at me, I will curse back. But, with the same disregard you show for my feelings, I will show for yours. And I will show that disregard by doing one thing:

Exiting from your life.

Try this, you'd be suprised how long it takes people to realize you were missing. Even funnier, some people never realize, and still, others don't care. It's funny because, neither do I. And that's the point.

You show me you don't care: neither do I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Blog Archive